Manhas adormecidas



I love mornings. I am a morning person after all. Luisa is not. One of the so many things that unite us in spirit and in screaming.

Despite all the drama, Luisa take school seriously. Maybe too seriously. I know, I know! Every dad should be supportive of her daughter efforts to get good grades at school. But listening her for the 100 time in a row trying to memorize entire chapters about  LuisXIV or the difference between virus and bacteria "a bacteria is the size of ...". It's extenuating. Who cares about a maniac useless king that lived 300 years ago? Or is it 400? After the 3 trail my brain disconnected.

"Dad you are not paying attention. Please listen to me...", she cried.
"I'm trying to make dinner. It would be nice if you offer some help."
"But this is important. My test will be in 2 weeks."

"2 weeks!? In my time I studied the night before after spending the day feeding the cows. What's wrong it this generation? " 

Luisa is no ordinary teenager. She had a knack for turning every homework assignment into an epic adventure. A simple math problem became a battle against the forces of algebra, and a history essay transformed into a journey through time. I would often find her in the midst of these homework escapades, surrounded by a sea of textbooks and sticky notes.

"Dad, I need help with this!" she'd exclaim, waving her history textbook in the air.

And so, the homework battles would begin. Luisa, armed with her determination, and me armed with some jokes. "Why did the scarecrow win an award? Because he was outstanding in his field!"

Luisa would roll her eyes, but secretly, she loved those moments. They were a reminder that no matter how tough school got, he always there to make her laugh.

Anyhow, Luisa's  life was filled with school, homework, and the never-ending battle to wake up in time for the morning rush. Oh, and did I mention the daily clashes with me? 

Luisa's day began with the relentless buzzing of her alarm clock - when the got the time right. She would groan, slap the snooze button, and dive back into her cozy cocoon of blankets. "Five more minutes," she'd mumble to herself. Of course, those five minutes magically turned into thirty, and suddenly, she was running late for school.

"Rise and shine Luisa. We are late!" I would holler from the kitchen, amused by her constant struggle with the morning sun. Amused or should I say furious. 

But the morning rush remained a constant struggle. Luisa would dash around the house, searching for her lost shoes, while I would sip his coffee and watch the chaos unfold.

"Have you seen my other sock?" she'd shout.

"It's always in the last place you look," I would reply with a mischievous grin.

Despite the morning madness and homework battles, Luisa wouldn't have it any other way. She knew that my cheesy jokes and unwavering support were the secret ingredients that made her teenage years truly memorable.

So, as Luisa tackled each day with determination and humor, she learned that sometimes, life's greatest challenges could also be its greatest adventures. And that's how Luisa's hectic homework havoc became a tale of laughter, love, and the undeniable bond between a father and his teenage daughter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Because I Said So": The Ultimate Parenting Trump Card

Porque este blog?

The Great Cookie Caper - Dr Susse + Dr House